Pregnancy Chiropractic Care in Ames
Walking the path of motherhood is a beautiful journey, and chiropractic care is essential in making that trip as smooth as possible. Chiropractic adjustments and prenatal massage are two often overlooked things to do during pregnancy. Chiropractic adjustments are safe for both mom and baby, with both individuals experiencing tangible health benefits.
Prenatal Chiropractic Care
As a baby grows, the mom’s center of gravity is projected forward, increasing the curvature of the lower back. This increases the amount of stress on her spine, causing lower back pain. Chiropractic care can ease this discomfort and also help establish pelvic balance.
Chiropractic care can help alleviate some of the uncomfortable symptoms of pregnancy, helping to promote an active and healthy pregnancy. Seeing a prenatal chiropractor provides a wide variety of benefits for both mom and baby. The benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- Reduces nausea
- Reduces pelvic and back pain during pregnancy
- Helps establish pelvic balance, promoting an easier pregnancy and birth
- Creates more room for the baby to move into the proper position for delivery
- Contributes to decreased need for pain medication during delivery
- Decreases the average length of labor
- Encourages a more pain-free, less-stressful, and active pregnancy
These benefits can be especially appealing to women who do not wish to use medications during pregnancy. During a time of so many changes for mom, chiropractic work enhances the body’s ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to!
Prenatal chiropractic adjustments are a valuable pregnancy resource that can help alleviate pregnancy symptoms and promote increased overall wellness. Chiropractic prenatal care also helps promote a better postpartum experience for both a mom and her baby!
Our Ames chiropractors are Webster Technique certified! The Webster Technique is a specialized form of chiropractic care during pregnancy. To become webster certified, chiropractors must undergo additional training and education to help provide the highest quality chiropractic adjustments during pregnancy.
Postnatal Chiropractic Care
A chiropractor for pregnancy adjustments is not only beneficial during pregnancy but also for postpartum care. A holistic pregnancy chiropractor can help promote the overall health, wellness, and happiness of both mom and baby after delivery. The benefits of postpartum chiropractic adjustments include:
- Helps rebalance the body’s hormones
- Greater production of breast milk
- Decreases the likelihood of postpartum depression
- Helps a mom adjust to her body and lifestyle after pregnancy
Postnatal adjustments aren’t just for moms! Chiropractic care for babies and infants from a pediatric chiropractor can help promote overall wellness and healthy development. Complete Connection Chiropractic provides holistic family chiropractic care. Pediatric chiropractic adjustments can:
- Reduce the likelihood of child and toddler ear infections
- Alleviate asthma symptoms in children
- Reduce the likelihood of kids having allergies
- Help with colic, acid reflux, and nursing difficulties
- And so much more!
Compassionate Chiropractic Treatments Before, During, & After Pregnancy
Patient Success Story
“I’ve had Dr. Nash as my chiropractor for the past eight months, and my overall well-being has grown tremendously. I’ve never met such a sweet, genuine person who cares not only for my physical health but also my mental/emotional health. If I could give 10/5 stars, I would. Highly, highly recommend if you’re looking for a chiropractor in Ames!” – Samantha M.